Question

Lisbeth789

Card utilization down but score also went down?
I've been obsessively monitoring my scores and slowing paying down my credit card debt. I also opened a new card, with a $15k limit (and put about $2,500 in travel expenses on it, which will be paid off within about two months). I expected my scores to go up when the new card appeared because my utilization went from 41% to 28%, but instead the scores went down a few points. Any idea why that might happen?

It's the new card but I wouldn't worry too much.  You should see it go back up very soon like in the next 30 days.  I would keep all utilization down below 10%.  That's the ideal range to be in to have the higher score consistently.