Question

NJMama

Car payments made by my for 3 years
For 3 years I have been making payments on a Nissan Altima in the amount of $207.00 every month, without fail. Only, because I had to claim bankruptcy back in 2011, the car was in my husbands name. All the payments were deducted from MY checking account every month (not a joint account) and I was told by the salesperson at the dealership that I can have my bank records sent to credit unions so that my credit can be adjusted. Please tell me this is a fact, I really want to better my score.
Thank you kindly,
Fran Scully

I have seen other folks on this website recommend it.  All you can do is try it and see.  Personally, I'll be surprised if that works, because I do the reporting to the 3 credit bureaus for our company and they always want everything sent as a text or ascii file from the creditors.  I'm curious to see if that will work, but sounds pretty shady to me.  Never trust a salesman!!