Question

Megumbo

Car Loan Hard Pulls--Should they be counted once since they are all on the same day?
Back in July 2015, I purchased a new car. In this process, the dealership ran my credit through 7-10 different banks trying to get me the best loan. Later I come to find out that each check is returning as a Hard Pull on my credit--therefore dropping it significantly. It's reading that I have 5 with Equifax and 5 with TransUnion. All of the credit checks occurred on the same day--within minutes of each other. I was told that it should only be counted as 1 pull since they all occurred on the same day. Is this correct? If so, how should I go about getting this fixed? I'm desperate to get my score back up to where it should be!

Thank you!

Most scoring systems would score the multiple inquiries as only one, but you will still see all of the inquiries on your credit reports. Double check to make sure that you are doing everything else that you can with your credit to optimize it the best that you can.