Question

sueanne12

capitol one on credit report not paying cause of harrasing phone calls how do i remove them
I disputed why can't I get it removed drives me nuts being credit report like to have it removed

Let me understand your question correctly... A debt wasn't paid, it went to collection, you been "harassed" by collection agency for the debt you didn't pay, you want them to stop harassing you by disputing a account/debt that is legitimately yours and is reported correctly, and now you are asking WHY you can't get it removed off your report?... I guess paying it isn't a solution, or am I overly complicating your situation.

JohnnyRain127

Oh by the way, even if by some odd chances it is removed? the "harassing" won't necessary stop because the debt still isn't paid.

faidros

Great answer !

There is one clear and simple way to ensure items do not appear on your credit report and by following this very simple process, you are practically guaranteed never to receive a harassing telephone call.   It so simple, I don't know why everyone doesn't follow this process.   Write a check and pay the debt.  Its that simple.  if something happens and you stumble and miss a payment, call them, discuss it and see what can be worked out.    The dispute process isn't for trying to get phone calls to stop and for a debt to go away.  The dispute is for debts which are not yours.  Debts which are too old to be on the report.   Debts which were paid before they were reported and thus reported incorrectly.