Question

midwood4907

Capitol One inquiry lowered my credit score
Capitol One said they rejected me due to a recent bankruptcy that had not been discharged.
That information was not true. My bankruptcy is in fact discharged as per court order. That hard inquiry lowered my already troubled credit score. What can I do to regain those few points?

Most Helpful Response

If you applied for credit, then you have to take the hit.  Any time you apply for credit, they do an "inquiry", which is only 10% of your score.  This hits whether your are approved or not.  The only time you can dispute it is if you did not authorize the credit pull, but it sounds like you did, so you're stuck.