Question

bulldogbby

Capital One Venture -- is the 7-10 day message a denial?
After months of making aggressive payments and executing my strategy for a healthier credit profile, I decided to take the plunge and submit an application for the CapOne Venture card (I'd really benefit from the rewards as I have family all over the country). After a heart-pounding 60 seconds, I arrived at a screen that stated my application requires ongoing review and that I would receive a letter in the mail in the next 7-10 business days.

Does this typically result in a denial? Should I expect to send them verification? I've had a QS1 for over a year and was approved on the spot when I applied for it.

TU: 738 EQ: 756

Yes, it is most likely a denial. Did you use the preapproval link on Capital One's website? Always check the preapprovals at the credit card company's website before applying. You could call Capital One and ask them what is going on or ask them to reconsider.

bulldogbby

Yes -- I did use the preapproval tool with a positive result. 

I called CapOne a few days ago and they confirmed that I have been approved! And for a much higher line than I was expecting. 

Thanks for the response!