Question

soccerstar11

Capital One Venture Card
To be approved for a Captial One Venture Card, Capital One expects excellent credit. They have general "guidelines" that fit "excellent credit" and they are: I have never declared bankruptcy or defaulted on a loan. I have not been more than 60 days late on any credit card, medical bill, or loan in the last year. AND I have had a loan or credit card for 3 years or more with a credit limit above $5,000.

I meet all of these requirements except for 3 years or more of credit limit above $5,000. My current credit limit is $8,500, but I have only had that for a year now. My question is is it worth applying and possibly getting denied? And has anyone applied for a Cap One Venture Card with a shorter credit history than 3 years and been approved? My FICO score is 730 and my Credit Karma score is 727. Thanks for the help!

Only one way to find out...

You definitely have a very good possibility of getting approved for that, but a great way to guarantee that without having to wait 3+ more years is to apply for one of their 'Average Credit" cards (which you will get approved for (assuming you haven't applied for anything else recently)). Use it for 6-9 months frequently like you would your debit card. Just pay it off every paycheck. After that, you established good history with Cap One that way and you can get their better cards. I did that with their Platiinum M/C and then 7 months later applied for their QuickSilver Visa and got it. Then I closed the M/C not too long after. I still use the QuickSilver card.

Otherwise, if you are willing to take the Hard credit inquiry on your report, then you won't know if you can get that Venture card unless you apply. Good Luck!!