Question

openairways

capital one secured card approval odds?
I had a capital one secured card on the past. I defaulted on it 3 years ago when I lost my job. It brought my score from 720 down to 499. I'm guessing because it was the only card I'd ever had and the only had it for a year. Well I'm hoping to rebuild my credit so that we can get a house in he future. What are the chances I can go back with capital one? I really loved that card.

The chances are good for getting back in with Capital One, they are a very forgiving lender. Go to their website and check the preapproval link, only a soft inquiry for the preapproval, see what it says and then go from there. Another place to check if that falls through may be OpenSky. Make sure that you do some reading on what you need to do in order to build your credit. One line of credit is not enough. Any questions along the way, please feel free to ask.