Question

asver

Capital One Secure Late Payment Removed!!!!
Like a lot of us here, I started to fix my credit and Capital One Secure was my first step. After having the account opened with $400 and 4 months of on time payments, most in full. I had a brain Fart and missed a payment. Credit Karma has me at a grade of "F" because of this. So I did a little research and here is what I did.

Picked up the phone and called Capital One. Spoke to a very nice rep and explained my mishap. I was very calm and nice and rave about how much I love Capital One was eternally great full for the opportunity they have given me. Just 3 weeks prior to me calling I was granted an unsecured account WTH Capital One for $500. So I want to have all my accounts in good standing I stated. I asked what could be done. She then transferred me to a Senior Account Specialist how was also very nice. Pleaded my case, very humbly of course and WAM!!! They are going to return my late fee of 19.99 and removed the late payment from my account.....

Hope this helps. Don't give up. It's just a game of numbers.

Most Helpful Response

It does pay to be nice. :)