Question

A1AB2B

Capital One Card Closed, not showing up when I call to inquire about. it.
In 2012 I closed a secured capital one card. (I closed it).
There is a missed payment showing up on my credit report.
When I disputed it through T.U., ex, eq. they confirm late payment.
When I call capital one to make a request to have late payment removed, they can not find the account.

Any suggestions as to why or what I should do?

I would guess that whomever you talked to at Capital One was incorrect or didn't want to be bothered with your request. You could try contacting Capital One again to see if a different person can help you, but be aware that Capital One is not known for granting Goodwill Requests. I suppose if you contact Capital One five times and no one can find the account, then maybe try to dispute the account again as not yours (maybe you are confused and never actually had the account if Capital One has no proof of it). I would guess though, that my first assumption is correct, because when you disputed it the first time, they probably reconfirmed the information about your account with the credit bureaus. A four or five year old late payment has aged enough to lose a lot of it's damage anyway.