Question

glm777

can't get out of medical debt
I had a medical bill go to collections. I have so many medical bills coming in that I simply forgot about it. They sent it to collections without even notifying me! Should I bite the bullet and put all my medical debt (about $3000) on my credit card and just pay it off that way? I know I'll pay interest but at least it will be easier to keep track of. I already have about $12000 in credit card debt - much of that from 2 yrs ago when I had several other medical issues as well as a broken boiler ($6800 right there!) I just feel that by putting everything on my card I will at least have only one payment to make monthly and I wont be forgetting things and having them sent to collections. How did I get here? I make a good salary and don't live above my means. I am so discouraged right now...

This is called "robbing Peter to Pay Paul" and I think that is a bad idea. I absolutely do not recommend running up credit cards with other debts. That is a sure fire way to get into more financial debt. I think making yourself a debt spreadsheet, listing of all of your outstanding medical debts to pay each month, sounds like a better, and cheaper, option.