Question

Confusedcreditor

Can't get approved for student card, yet discover approved me with no credit?
I paid my bills on time. I'm an 18 year old with great credit all the way around, yet I can't even get a student credit card!!?? Any suggestions/tips/words of wisdom??

Try for a secured card.

A secured card s great for those with insufficient established credit or for those rebuilding after a bankruptcy.  You have to deposit a specified amount of money in the sponsor's bank and that is usually the credit limit.  Using no more than 20% of the available credit and paying the bill in full (only what is shown on the statement) every month will establish a great credit history you can build as time passes.  Your bank/credit union may offer secured cards or you can check under credit card tab on this site to find one that will work for you.