Question

FachaBella

Can't get a secured card.... How do I build my credit?
I have 7 hard inquiries from credit card applications and bill me later for pay pal also even for a secured credit card. I paid off my all my student loans and I am making payments for a medical bill that was $210 as of right now. The only other amount I owe is $410 for DirectTv which I will start making payments on after the medical bill is paid. I have an open bank account with direct deposit and I pay my rent and phone bill on time every month. I even have internet through time warner cable I pay every month. I just don't know what to do to build my credit after paying off my loans my credit went from very poor to poor which hasn't helped me none! Somebody tell me something.

Most Helpful Response

A secured card requires you depositing a few hundred dollars in the issuer's bank, and that would be your credit limit. You don't actually "apply for credit" the same as with other cards. 

Please read the articles on this site (look on the left side of the page under Resources) and work with the financial tools.  It's great information to help people learn about credit.