Can't break 700...or "Good"

I currently have two credit cards (Capital 1 (CL-1300) and US Bank (400)-Both paid in full every month, a current mortgage (never late).

I'm trying to increase my score, but I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to apply for a card and get denied. Also, I'm worried that if I don't get a high limit it will lower my average credit limit and "account open time".

Everything I read says to increase my score I need more cards and a higher average credit limit, is that true? Yet, I doubt I can get higher limit cards with my current score.

Seems like I'm stuck-can't get higher limits because I don't have a high enough score, can't increase my score because I can't get higher limits....

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated