Question

timelord2016

Can't activate new Capital One Card- They need more info
I was recently approved for a Capital One Venture Card, which arrived in the mail today. When I tried to activate it online, I was just given a phone number to call.

Turns out, they suspect fraud and issued my card anyway. They want copies of a lot of my documents, including my social security card, which is in a safe deposit box two states away. Has anyone been through this before? What should I do? I sent my license, passport, and bank statement.... any chance that will be enough?

I was so excited about that card because I've been rebuilding for a long time. I'm extremely disappointed right now...

Most Helpful Response

Call Capital One again and talk to a representative. Explain to them the situation but having said that, I would not send them copies of documents or my SS card.. What you sent already should be more than enough. Speak to a rep and tell them youve sent enough personal info to determine there is no fraud. 

timelord2016

That's a good idea. I'll call first thing in the morning. I've definitley sent enough information to prove it's me. My SS card just isn't something I keep with me, especially since I travel consistently. I'm not sure why they'd expect me to have that on hand.