Question

intel1027

Cannot get replacement credit card from Citibank
I called citi bank to get a credit card that I have which is cracked in the middle.They told me that they cannot send me one,because I need to update my credit information with Equifax.They are telling me to update my information...........I really don't get this................I have been with Citibank since 1986 and pay my bill in full every month.

Are you sure you called citibank?    You don't update your credit information or any information directly with the credit bureau.  All personal information is updated at the credit bureau by your creditors.   Did you ask for a credit line increase at the same time you asked to have the card replaced.  AND do you have a fraud alert or freeze on your credit file at Equifax.   You can go directly to the CITI online portal and request a replacement credit card and it arrives in 5-7 days as long as your account is in good standing.