Question

Goodeknight

Cancelling a card with high balance. Pay it down, or active cards first?
I cancelled a card that still has a high balance on it that I need to pay down. Should I pay down that card just as I would all the others, or try to get the other (active) cards paid down to 30% or lower first?

In other words, will that closed card still look like a high balance to credit available card, even if I can't charge anything more to it? Or will it just look like a debt I'm paying off. (No bad balance to credit available ratio.)

Why did you close it?  I would pay it off as soon as I could if it is closed.  You dont want it to look like the credit card company is charging it off.  And you dont want it to cause any adverse action on your other cards.