Question

agoodscore4me

Cancel a furniture account
I have an account with Rooms 2 Go thru Rent a Center (RAC). I have cancelled this account after 10 months because of defective furniture. They want to replace the furniture but after my 1 year guarantee is up I have no recourse. The furniture has not held up. I have taken pictures for my safety. I have been approved to get replacement furniture in the same amount of my contract, but I am afraid the next pieces will be the same. I also want to stress I am the only person that sits on the furniture. My question is how will this affect my credit score?

Canceling an account

Will always lower your score for a while, No matter the reason.  I suggest that you learn from your experience. 
Those rent to own places have the lowest quality furniture for the highest contract prices, often twice what the cheap furniture is worth at high interest rates.

Shop around for good quality furniture at a reputiple dealer and make new purchases there, even if you have to buy one piece at a time.

Good Luck