Question

blackarrow56

Cancel a credit card.
I have a Orchard bank card that is now owned by Capital one. It has a annual fee and a low limit. I have another Captial one card with no fee and a much higher limit. I can't see having two Capital one cards and paying a fee if I don't need too. What should I do and will this hurt my rating.

Having a closed account will not affect your score. The loss of the available credit can but you say it is a low limit anyway. Chances are the economic return of the credit limit is not worth the annual fee. Only you can decide that, of course.

If you have had the card for a very long time, longer than your average leength of credit, it would reduce your average length of credit but again, the same from above applies.

Closed account still showing up on score

I was added to a shared account for a vacation that showed up as a credit account and I have since been removed from said account. It still shows up on my score as active. When will my score reflect the closed account? Is there something I can do to remove it since I no longer have that account open?