Question

Nikita2016

Can you tell me how to start building good credit I just turned 18

Start with a secured credit card - its the best way to build credit. Almost any bank will let you have one as the risk with a secured card is negligible. The initial credit limit you will get might be low but as you pay your bills on time and improve your credit with time, you can apply for unsecured and rewards credit card with a decent limit. All the best!

Once you get a card, or for that matter any bill in your name - pay it on time!  This is the single most important thing.  When you get a credit card, treat it as a debit card.  Pay it as you go, do not let your balance accrue.  

Back when I was your age, my mom added me as an authorized user.  I started getting credit cards as I got older and would apply for the from time to time.  By the time I applied for a mortgage for my first home, I had a credit score over 800.  I had no idea what I was doing right at the time, but, as it turned out, having a lot of credit cards and never carrying a balance over and always paying my bills on time was a good thing.  

Good luck!