Question

TradingB

Can you please give me some advice on my collection account?
I just checked my credit report for the first time and to my surprise there is a collection account that has been open since September 2015. After contacting the collection agency it was discovered that the medical provider that sent my account to collection had a wrong address of mine on file and inaccurate health insurance information. Therefore, I never received a billing invoice nor did my health insurance ever know that I received treatment here because they never received any notice. The collection agency said that they would reprocess this bill through the correct health insurance. After contacting my health insurance they reassured me that within 30 days this would be taken care of. My question is, will this repair all damage done to my credit score throughout the 1 year and a half it has been sitting on my credit report without my knowledge? Or should I still file a dispute with Equifax? What's my best option to repair all this damage?

Give them the thirty days to do as they said. If after that time it still appears, get back on the phone with the insurance company and also dispute the collection account with the credit bureau. Any damage done by the collection will disappear when the collection disappears. Keep an eye on your FICO scores too and continue to read all that you can about credit.