Question

NTisdale92

Can you pay to remove negative items from your credit report?
Is it possible to pay a company to remove the negative items from your report or would I have to write a letter in order to get student loans off of my credit?

This is really unfair and wrong how student loans can affect us college grads when we're just in our f*cking 20s. Excuse the language but I need an answer as to whether or not it's even ethical for student loans to be reported to the credit bureau.

The only negative thing about a student loan on your credit is not paying it. The loan itself, if it's in good standing, is only positive.  If you have concerns about negative items, I would contact *********.com Sometimes there is innacurate information which happend to me, It said I had missed three payments which I didn't. The situation was quickly rectified luckily. check them out though. They will give you a full diagnostic of your reports and specialized help for student loans. 

student loans

What is the best consolidation company for student loans to combine all of them and lower your payments

LoveRae17

FedLoan servicing. go straight through the government. i went though a third party and they scammed me for $600. i went to Fedloan and they did just what the other company was supposed to do for free. and my monthly payment right now is $0 ... loans were in defalut and now in good standing and positively reporting on my credit. 

I'll take the ethical part of the question.  Yes, it is ethical.   You borrowed money.  Thats a loan.  Loans should be repaid and reported.  Would it be ethical for them not to be reported.   So, someone goes out and borrows 50-100,000.  It doesn't get reported and you go out and get a bunch of credit cards as you don't owe any money and get $20,000 line of credit.   All of a sudden, you get your wages attached for the unreported loan and you can't pay the credit cards.  Is it ethical for you to have withheld that information from the credit card company and now they can't get paid.  Its not the student loan that is your problem, that can actually help your credit score.  Its how you pay it off that is your problem.   There are items you can do that can actually have the studen loan forgiven, 100% and hardly pay a dime on them. 

GingerSnappie

How do you get a student loadn forgiven?

student loans

yes,a student loan started at I will say 2000 back in 2003  now its over 10000 does that sound right?  they took my taxes this yr.  I quit beauty school so I dont know how they even got that money without me signing for it but I had to leave state because of a death in the family, now Im screwed for life.  I will never have this payed off

GingerSnappie

Yep, interest is killer on them if you default. You can make a deal with them, but if your payment is lower than the interest you'll never get it payed. Thats what happened to my ex- his interest was a hundred and he was paying a hundred, he never payed down the balence on it. once he realized he added more but it still was too small an amount and it took him 20 years.

Student loan question

Not only is it ethical, it is legal. The student loan information is a federal issue and it is the hardest issue to rectify. Unfortunately, you must not have read your contracts with FASFA when you took them. They have this locked down and if you pay it you'll have great credit, but if you default your F---ed.  It has to be paid. Otherwise it will follow you forever. I know this from 20 years of dealing with them,(husband, kid's etc.) fortunately I am on good terms thus far, however, when I finish school if I don't get a job I'll be up the creek without a paddle. 

student loans

shows up from first lender as set to government for payment guess it was picked up by another agency now they report paid after collection, but I actually consolated them and have a letter that says current not delinquent buts second agency still has them as paid after collection, but first company  wont change their standing, so god only knows when and if those will drop off?

Housebee

If you finished school and have a degree then you should be making enough money to pay your bills and still pay something on your student loans if you are gainfully employed. You have to budget yourself and live within your means at least until you reach your desired income.. Budget us key. In some people case and it happens frequently stuff like health problems or other complication create more money problems than that which was foreseen. It happened to me among other things.

options2825

"Should" is the worst word. Sure, you'd think after graduating from college you'd be able to get a decent paying job so you can pay off your student loans. Not always the case, and often it's not the case at all. And then there is life. Divorce, kids, health, trauma---just so much happens. And please keep in mind, if you were anything like me, as a young person at college, I was BOMBARDED by credit cards and told how EASY it was to get student loans--no talk of paying back or budgets. Everything was covered. You don't always think about the future financially when you are a kid, and you have no parental guidance. That's my 2 cents. 

How can I find them?!

It is so confusing trying to find out who holds my student loans now. They are about 10 years old and from Sallie Mae. Any suggestions?

Student loans will appear on your credit reports until such time as they are paid off, no matter hoiw long that takes.  They ARE loans, for heaven's sake!  And loans have to be repaid. Read the articles on this site so you can understand how credit works because YOU sound clueless on the topic. And your life education only ends the day you die.

fcollectors

No need to be rude.

janzacap

sarcasm doesnt help anyone at all, guess I was clueless to think there would be someone who knew how to help or at least be decent.   what comes around goes around, so when u hit that stream of bad luck n ask why me, u should remember how it is you treat people.  I suggest to all you out there dont bother sending a text, you will feel worse off . go to a proper , respectable site.

options2825

Why bother responding if you are just going to be judgmental and harsh. You have no idea this person's situation, and they came here for advise. Leave your bad attitude and useless answers to yourself because they aren't helping anyone. Ever heard of the expression, if you can't help, don't hurt. Your words are hurtful and for no reason except to feel superior and because you are a mean person. Stop giving advise. It's Captain Obvious observations anyways. Mean people suck!