Question

Lee835

Can you open multiple credit cards within a certain period

There is no set limit on how many cards you can open in a period of time.  Some companies limit it but that differs between companies (i.e. Chase only allows 5 new personal credit cards opened within the last 24 months, and 2 within the last 30 days I believe).  I personally have more than 10 cards (3 new ones this year), but some of them I just put a small charge on every now and then to keep it open and lengthen my average age of account.

Some people that like to "churn" credit cards for sign up bonuses sign up for many of them on the same day for better chances of getting approved.

I personally do not advise this as there are requirements on spending to get the bonuses and if you cannot meet those (and pay off the balance in full every month) you will still lose money in the long run.

It depends on how good your credit is. It also depends on the lenders you apply with. Lenders don't like it when you apply for too much credit in a short period of time. You also ding your credit every time you open a new account, so you could really hurt your credit if you get too carried away. Two or three cards within the same time frame would probably be a limit I would recommend, you may get away with more, maybe less, depends on your credit profile.