Question

Billybluedog

Can you help with my credit repair?
I need urgent help with repair of my credit. can you assist me with this?

Most Helpful Response

Some of us have been there so can offer advice on how to proceed but you're going to have to do the actual work.  Are you up to that?  Fair warning, there are no quick fixes or overnight success stories in credit repair so don't expect them (and don't fall for anyone who says they can offer miracles, because they'd be lying).

Billybluedog

Thanks so much for your reply.. Yes, I am up for a long haul. I am a 57 year old veteran with a score of 517. I would like to purchase a home sometime in the future if I survive the "future"...LOL.... I realize I will not need a down for my home due to being a vet, but still I need to repair my credit to be prequalified... can you help? All ears are open...

thanks so much for your reply

Do you have all three credit reports?

Sorry for not getting back sooner, but I had a committment not to be missed.  One essential in credit repair is getting all three credit reports and going over them carefully to make sure only things that belong to you are on there.  You can usually get them through freecreditreports.com.   If you haven't already done so, please get the reports.  It's not unusual for there to be errors on credit reports and only we can correct them. 

I'm a veteran, too, and on disability so know how tight money can get.  So (especially since payday is once a month) keeping a solid budget is a must.  Also, depending on income level, getting assistance such as low income energy assistance, equal payment plans for electricity and/or natural gas and looking over other expenses to make sure we're getting the most "bang" for every buck.  Money's too hard to come by. 

I did a bankruptcy over 20 years ago so it took a while to get things back to "normal" but one thing I learned from the trustee assigned my case was to make sure that rent, utilities (power, phone, water, etc), food and transportation are at the top of the list and credit cards were at the bottom.  That shows the budget priorities.  Doesn't make sense to have one's credit cards paid up if one got evicted and had no shelter.

What sort of problems could be keeping your credit score low?  Remember not to post any sensitive personal information on this site in this area since it is not secure.

Making payments on accounts regularly as in "religiously" helps to improve one's credit.  Creditors do not like late payments.