Question

WHD88

Can you get a credit card from a company you owed in the past, but has since been closed
I had a capitol one card when I was 18. I ended up missing payments (young and dumb) and the account went to collections. It has been past 7 years and off my credit report. My question is now I am seeing that I have a good chance of qualifying for a Capitol one card... will my past with them affect me getting the card and will they try to get me to pay the now 8 year old debt or is that done and over with and I am treated like a new customer? Thanks in advance for anyone who can answer this.

Most Helpful Response

CapOne is one of most forgiving lender out there, tho approval isn't guaranteed, but they won't hold your past experience with them against you. It state in their applying policy that you can apply for their card if you have not defaulting them in last 12 months.

-

Many have got back in with CapOne after included them in BK, not so with most other Banks. I would use their pre-approval page to see what comes up for you. Please Do Not go by CK's approval odds.