Question

irpwns

Can you get a closed account removed before 7/10 years? By requesting?
I have a closed account with negative remarks on it. It has been 3 years since it has been closed. I know it is normal for the account to fall off the report within 7-10 years, but would I be able to get it removed now, if I requested it from the financial company?

Closed means you can't use the account any more, but if you have a balance owing, this is something to take care of as soon as possible. It IS part of your credit history so just may have to stay for 7 years.