Question

genedata

Can you adjust Credit Inquires
I had to change of my checking accounts because I had been phished and the bank was afraid to allow the same checking account number to continue in light of the phishing attempt.

Did this lower my credit score by causing a credit inquiry and is there a way to adjust that in light of it having been a necessary adjustment and through no fault of my own? If it can be "adjusted" how do I go about doing this?

Banks only do a hard inquiry on your credit report when you first open an account with them. Any additional checking or savings account doesn't cause a hard hit. Accounts get opened and closed all the time due to fraud, lost checkbooks or client paranoia. 

A new credit card or loan on the other hand always causes a hard hit on your credit.

There are also soft hits on your credit report. These are random institutions that periodically check your report because you either have a relationship already with them or they are feeling you out to send you promotional offers like pre approved credit cards. They are soft hit/ pre-approved because later on when you do take them up on the offer they will perform the hard hit which can lower your score