Question

Austrotexaner

Can this move raise the length of my credit history?
My average credit history is 6 years (oldest account 22 years). What if I close a credit card I received just 5 month ago? Will that raise my credit history?

Most Helpful Response

It would not be a wise move, because if you close out the card, you will lose its credit limit, which will have a negative effect on your credit card utilization as you will lose unused credit and this would lower your score. And you did waste a hard inquiry for this card, so might as well keep it - if you dont like it, avoid using it frequently.