Question

liatleder

can this be on my credit report under collection?
Hi I have bankrupcy on my credit report with many credit card accounts. There was one medical bill that appears on my credit report under collection eventhough it was included in the bankrupcy. (its also stated on the credit report that it was included in the bankrupcy. ) I know none of my other debts (credit cards) that were included in the bankrupcuy dont appear in the collection section, only this one. Is there a reason for it? or can it be removed and how?... thanks!

Filing bankruptcy does not immediately remove accounts from your credit report.  Those accounts will show for approximately 7 years, then disappear.  Collections also will show, then drop after 7 years.  If you thought bankruptcy would improve your credit, you are sadly mistaken.  Your credit is hurt for the next 10 years.