Question

stl2016

Can the company that has acquired my student loans file a report if a lower my monthly payment?
I cannot afford the required monthly payment, but I have been sending money monthly. I have not neglected to send money, but they filed with the credit bureau and my score lowered a hundred points. My loan is not in default.

You cannot just pay whatever you want, there is a minimum due and if that is not met then the payment is considered missed or late. You should contact the loan company and explain your financial hardship and see what they can do to help you stay current.