Posted in Banking

can the bank collect a debt for an old garnishment that was never paid out of the account?
I had a bank account, that withheld almost $200 for a garnishment (did not receive the letter about the garnishment until the day after). This in return overdrew my account, because the money in there was for a bill that they allowed to go through. The company never received the amount withheld from the bank, I have already settled with them and a satisfaction of agreement is in process. Can the bank have on my credit score that I owe them this money plus the overdraft fee? Can I call them and have this taken off, or should I wait until I have the satisfaction of agreement and release of lien to contact them? I guess I want to know if they can legally but this negative remark on my credit score for an amount that was never paid out?