Question

SdK86

Can someone help me understand Dispute resolved reported by grantor means and why my score lowered?
I disputed a private student loan account that was opened in 2009 and was still on my credit report. Today, I received an e-mail saying the results of my dispute were in and it stated: "Dispute resolved; reported by grantor". As a result, my credit score lowered significantly. It appears the account was removed (under my accounts recently removed area), and then 2 accounts were added under newly reported accounts for the same amount but one account was opened May 1 2009 and the other May 14 2009. Could someone help me understand what this means and why my score was lowered after the dispute?

There can only be one collection account for each original account. So if you have two collections showing for the original account, then you need to dispute that. It is typical to have the negative original account and one collection account to go along with it, so if that is what you see then that is allowed. Anyway, disputing causes accounts to update and that may be what happened if it wasn't removed, updates cause dings to scores.

SdK86

How long will it remain on the report if it updated? Can I re-dispute? I guess I'm having a hard time understanding with the 7 year statute of limitation and it still being on the report after a dispute.

The seven year time period begins at the time that the original account became delinquent. The seven year start date is known as the DOFD (date of first deliquency). That date is usually one month after you made the last payment on the original account. Nothing changes the seven year start time. The seven year credit reporting time period is something different from "statute of limitations". The "statute of limitations" is the time frame when you can be sued for a debt, you would have to do a Google search to find the "sol" in your state to be sued for this type of debt. "Statute of Limitations" can possibly be reset if you enter a new payment agreement then fail to make the payments as agreed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Was the account that you disputed, removed or updated with new information or just updated? You cannot redispute the same thing, well maybe you could, but I don't see the point in it, if there is new grounds to dispute, then yes you probably could.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you have showing? An account for the original lender and a collection account in addition or do you have two accounts from a debt collector or two debt collectors?

SdK86

maybe this will help.

Last Reported 

May 04, 2016

Creditor Name 

SLC STL TRST

Account Type 

Student

Account Status 

Open - Derogatory

Opened Date 

May 14, 2009

Closed Date 

--

Limit 

--

Term 

240 Months

Monthly Payment 

$252

Responsibility 

Maker

Balance 

$

Highest Balance 

$

Payment Status 

Collection/Charge-Off

Worst Payment Status 

Unknown

Date of Last Payment 

--

Amount Past Due 

$

Times 30/60/90 Days Late 

0/0/0

Remarks 

Charged off as bad debt

Dispute resolved; reported by grantor

Payment History

Latest Status: Collection/Charge-Off 

No payment history has been reported by this creditor.

Give these guys a call Credit Pro's they can help.  1  877  235  0324.