Question

chucky2020

can someone help me out about Enhaced recovery company i hear they are a fraud?
i am having trouble with my credit report i found a new account that i never opened and ERC is the collection agency and when i googled i saw over 87 complaints about this company what do i do

ERC a legitimate collection agency. Somewhere on your credit report it should tell you who the original creditor was. In my case, they bought an AT&T account. I settled with them for maybe half what the actual balance was, and they were very professional on the phone. They then reported it as "Paid--settled for less than full balance." When the 7.5 years was up, they stopped reporting just as they should.
I suspect a lot of people complain because basically they're pouting about having a collections account on their report in the first place. I didn't like it either, but it was accurate information that belonged there. I had a bill and I didn't pay it!

ERC is not a fraud, and they will work with you. 

Write a validation letter

Google it for more info and a template.

If they do not have the proper paper work for a collection they will have to remove it.

It may benefit you to do some reading on the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act).