Question

Megcap91

Can paying on something drop your credit?
I made a parent on my Fingerhut account and my credit score dropped 80 points, my payment was the only change I saw on my report.

If the payent was made late, it would cause your credit score to drop.   If they cancelled your account and you have outstanding balance after your payment it will cause your score to drop.  A drop that high indicates you may have a late payment indicated on your credit report.

Exact same thing happened to my son, he dropped 46 points a week after he made his payment.  That was the only thing he did this period.  I don't know what's going on with this Fingerhut Company.  

He wasn't late with his payment, account wasn't closed or in bad standing.