Question

FishiesRCute

Can opening too many disputes hurt your credit?
I have never checked my credit before so I finally pulled my report and there were a lot of errors. Do you get penalized if you open too many disputes? They would be actual disputes that I can back up with paperwork, so it wouldn't be just trying to dispute even though I have no real reason. I just don't know if it shows on my report that I have disputed all these items and if so does it hurt my chance with lenders?

Most Helpful Response

No not if you are being honest with your dispute, inaccurate info will be removed. Only items that are correct will leave a little notation that you have disputed an item in question. Then it is up to the lender to decide if you are trust worthy or not. Good luck my friend!!!