Can 'non use' of a line of credit significantly hurt your score?
I'm not sure if these are considered credit cards or not. I had lasik eye surgery a couple of years ago and opened a credit account to pay for it. It's issued by a credit company and not the doctor's office. It's since been paid off and since I'm not having any more procedures done there, what happens now from non use of this account? Similarly I have a furniture chain store credit account. My home is furnished and I don't see that paid off account being used any time soon. Will these company's close my accounts and will that hurt my scores like a typical Visa/Mastercard account would?