Question

junkbondtrader

Can it boost my credit if I'm added as an authorized user on credit cards?
I've heard yes and no on this subject. I have a rather low score(576) and i have a student loan out that I have been paying on time for about a year, but I have a medical bill($495) in collections that seems to keep my number low. (I plan on negotiate the medical bill when I can) I don't have many accounts open. I have a bank of america account that has been in good standing for about a year and a half, but I was denied their secured credit card even after I put a deposit of $300 down plus I can't see my bank account on any of my credit reports. And now I'm out of work, so I've held off at applying for credit cards. I was wondering if my mother and father add me as an authorized user on their credit cards but not give me access to buy with a card, if it would help build my credit by them using it. Their are scores in the high 700s to low 800s. Thanks!

yes it would work as it will also add some length of credit history on your report and boost your score but you might want to keep trying in your best interests to get a secured card there are some less stricter banks than bofa.