Question

htx77088

can it be done. 509 credit to 580 in 3-6 months
I am trying to purchase a home and was told my score is 509, with 2 collections in my credit,total of 269 with oldest debt being 1 1/2 yrs old. I have no credit cards and only an auto loan account that is up to date(only open account) Is it realistic to raise my score within 3-6 months, to at least 580 within the time frame.

you can raise your score that much in 6

Get the collections paid off. They aren't to old so hopefully that wouldn't have to harsh of an effect if paid.

Try and establish a new credit card, You may have to do a secured card. I suggest going through your local credit union. Use it and pay it off by the due date.

That should get you on the right track. 

To get the best interest rates on that mortgage. try and get your score above 700 before applying.