Question

FishiesRCute

Can I use my Experian report to dispute information with Equifax?
My Experian report has different information than my Equifax report. I know this is because some creditors will report to one credit bureau but not the others but it does make me wonder... If an account is on my Equifax report that is not on my Experian report can I use the fact that it is not on my Experian report to dispute with Equifax? The account in question was on both reports but was taken off one after I disputed it but not off the other. Do the credit bureaus accept information like this as evidence in a dispute?

Most Helpful Response

Maybe, the first thing that they will probably say is the fact that not all creditors report to the same bureau. Plus there is really no way of knowing that they do from their point of view. Maybe your creditor got tired of the investigation with Experian vs Equifax or maybe they have different guidelines. Trying to beat the system; and you may open up a can of worms. Good luck my friend...

FishiesRCute

Thanks. I think I will have to try to do another dispute. I had multiple accounts in collections because the original creditor had a computer glitch and gave me an incomplete account number (so when I called to make payments they could never find my account). I do have a letter from the original creditor (they are medical accounts from the hospital) that I submitted once and they removed the other accounts but for some reason this account was not removed. I will try one more time but if they do not remove it I am scared to keep pursuing it. I think at some point I will start getting in trouble for fighting this so much and eventually I will just have to deal with it.