Question

kitty1kitkat

can i use a per-payed credit card to build my credit score?
I was told i can get a per-payed credit card from my bank and set the amount for $200.00 or more. if i make the payments on time and in fully it would build my credit score. is this true? And if so what bank would do that because my bank doesn't have anything like this is an offer. help please and thank you.

Most Helpful Response

Yes, that would help your credit score.  You can try getting a secured card online - go to www.creditcards.com and compare all the cards.  Please remember that any credit inquiry will be a slight negative on your credit score (inquiries count for 10% of your score) but since that is small, I think the overall benefit would be worth that one-time hit.  Best of luck!