Question

OlTimer

Can I request a credit report from an denied auto loan?
I know I can request a credit report from a credit card company. But when denied for an auto loan can you demand a credit report from an auto lender? I got 6 marks on my credit, I want something for my trouble!

Ok, to be clear, that is not what you originally asked. You said you wanted a credit report to get something out of it...you said nothing about wanting to know why. You should be getting letters in the mail regarding the inquiry & resulting denails.

Wording, ok. To me just the knowledge of why they would turn me down, I consider that as getting something out of it.

You can get credit reports for free...

OlTimer

Yes, I know. But I want to know what the problem was! If one area of my credit report needs improvement I do need to know where to improve, my score is over 700 but there's still plenty of room for improvements!