Question

sprue32

Can I request a company that I no longer do business with delete my SSN from their records?
A company I decided to not do business with after an initial sign up (account was canceled prior to activation of service) has sent me to collections for services not rendered. I have "resolved" the error three times and now it is on my credit report AGAIN. I would like to revoke my SSN from their records to prevent further negative reports on my credit history. Do I have any recourse here?

You need to contact a consumer law attorney that handles FDCPA cases. FDCPA stands for (fair debt collection practices act). Do some reading on that. A great law firm that handles FDCPA cases is Kimmel & Silverman and I highly recommend them if they practice in your state. If not a google search should be able to help you find a law firm that does.