Question

duner26

Can I report paid off loans from a company that does not report the the credit bureau?
I have two loans through Progressive Financing and both were paid off with all payments paid on time. They do not report to the credit bureau's, however they did send me a letter stating that my loans had been paid off. They then advised me that I may be able to send them to the credit bureau's myself. How do I go about sending these reports?

Unfortunately you cannot do that. Only companies that have contracts with the credit bureaus can report to them.

Do the loans themselves show on your report but as U for unreported?  If so, you can force them to report by disputing to the credit bureaus for missing/inaccurate balances/payment/historical data. 

Assuming that they are listed as U, you can click on the link provided in Credit Karma to dispute directly.  I did that for both of mine and I got a letter and then after about 15 days, the current data was updated. 

If the loans do not appear at all, I'm afraid that you are out of luck as far as credit reporting.  However, if you need to prove it you can get copies of your payments and bank statements showing the funds being withdrawn or paid. 

Or, if that company had the loan on line with statements you can pull copies for your files.