Question

Confused24

Can I reopen a "settled in full" account?
Can I reopen a "settled in full" account to pay it in full so that it will be deleted from my credit? I settled a few accounts and they are still listed and I was green to how this works. Now I want to pay them in full to have them removed.

Paying it in full won't remove it from your report.   It will fall off your report 7 & 1/2 years from the date it went delinquent (not the date you paid it). You can contact the creditor/collectors and ask if you can pay it in full to make your report look better.  You can also ask them if they would remove the account from your report entirely if you do pay it in full (they sometimes do this, but it's pretty rare).  If they agree, get it in writing before you pay them.  Best of luck!