Question

finfinancialbreakthrough

can I rent an apartment after filling bankruptcy?

Most Helpful Response

I succeeded

Many complexes use a proprietary credit scoring model that takes into account all factors, including credit, score, job history, income and rental history. In my case I had 2 years gainful employment and good non-apartment rental reference. My bankruptcy either was not a factor or was overshadowed by other evidence of my abillity to pay the rent.

I did it

I just got a pproved to rent an apartment and i filed for B -chapter 7 about a year ago. make sure you take any offer available for a credit card it will be expensive but its worth it. That will help you raise your score inmediately.

No...

Well for the property I applied to they told us the only way we will get turned down is if we had a criminal record and/or we filed Bankruptcy