Question

ruth5599

Can I rEmove the BK OFF MY CREDIT REPORT

Your bankruptcy remains for 10 years from being filed.  Cannot be removed before then.

Most Helpful Response

Shady ways

There are shady ways to remove bankruptcy from your credit report.  It is not recommended nor am I sure it is legal. The credit agencies will report accurate info.  But can not report disputed unverified information.  So the first way is to dispute it saying something about is wrong, a date etc...  And HOPE the federal agency does not reply within the necessary timeframe.  Another option is applying for a TIN and establishing credit with that number.  Again not sure of the legality nor am I recommending.  

bhoover3

It is your right to dispute any inaccurate or unverifiable information on your credit report.  Credit reporting agencies do make mistakes and you have the right to have any information verified.

However, it is completely illegal to create an new identity or use a TIN to hide information from future creditors.  Do not listen to anyone that tells you to create a new ID.  Yes you can dispute anything, but no you can not lie about it or commit fraud.

Remove BK

The aswner plasea what can i do

Ruth5599, if it is YOUR bankruptcy, it is part of your credit history and cannot be removed by any legal means (and I certainly do NOT advocate any illegal means). 

If it is NOT your bankruptcy, you need to check all three credit reports (something you can do for free once a year) and dispute that entry with the credit bureau reporting it.  That procedure is covered in the articles and numerous other postings on this forum, so you'll need to do the research.

Re Bankrupycy

I was talking to a Lexingrton Law agent last month and he led me to believe that something CAN be done - but I am not sure what.  I, like the other responders, had thought there was nothing one could do.  For what it is worth you may want to talk with them.

heathhot1

Dont use Lexington law. they will only take your money and everything they can do you can do. I payed them for months got better results by myself.

glowingbea

I was contacted by them also,but they charge $95 per month to keep tabs on your credit score and alerts, but never really said how they were to help improve it. If I am to fork out $95 monthly, I can just use that to pay on credit deliquents myself.