Question

cjknarr83

Can I remove bad credit items from my credit reports?
I am trying to rebuild my credit and I am simply trying to figure if I deal with the bad credit item and pay them off will they get removed from my credit report or is there a way I can request they be removed if I pay the amount in full?

Yes, that is called a "Pay Per Delete".  Call the collection agencies first and see if they are willing to do that.  If so, then send them a "contract" to sign before you make any payments.  You can Google "Pay Per Delete" and I'm sure you can find a form letter.  Make sure you get in writing that they agree to remove the account from your credit report once paid.  If they don't follow through, then you send their signed PPD agreement to all three bureaus and they'll delete it from your report.  Best of luck!