Question

Jemyam

can I refinance a car that is three or four payments behind?
I have had a lot of set backs recently and I am finally getting on my feet. but I am four payments behind and I feel as though I can not get on top the payments. I would like to refinance to start over and lower my payments at the same time. would that be a possibility with a low score of 540-579?

Who is your car financed with now?  Have you been in contact with them to see if they offer re-fi?  Have you already spoken to your bank/credit union?  If not, that would be the place to start.  If I were you, I would take them a complete copy of your credit report (pull one from www.annualcreditreport.com) so they won't have to pull a report on you until you are ready to sign on the dotted line.  See what they think, and what you need to do to qualify for re-fi.  Everyone has slightly different requirements.  Best of luck!