Question

TommyWolfman

Can I raise my credit score 130 points in 4 months?
I currently have credit scores 508, 497, 487
I need a 620 to buy a home. I currently have Bankruptsy that will be 10 years old this august and 2 judgements on my credit report. Also have 9 collection accounts. I'm working with a credit repair company. How much my score increase removing the BK and 2 judgements?
I do have two car loans that I have not missed payments on helping me. Also my aunt is willing to make me an authorized user on her credit card that carries no balance with 10K limit.
Thoughts??

130 in 4 months doesn't seem possible

Unless you got rid of all your collections, judgments, and get that bankruptcy removed you might have a chance. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high unless you could do all that in four months time. Well there is no way to determine actual points but obviously the judgments, and bankruptcy would be the ones hurting your score the most. Also the higher the collections amount and how long they have been there matter (the ones more recent hurt your score the most since they will be there for a while). The credit card method is a good way to help your score. I would look into getting a secured card which can be you own and help your line of credit as well. Good luck...

TommyWolfman

Should I do a secured credit card and a authorized user on my aunts card? I using ecredit attorney to dispute negative items. Do they really work?

Hello. I am going to give you my opinion

Yes you should open up a secured credit card which reports to all three credit bureaus otherwise what's the use? Capital One reports to all three credit bureaus and reports quite often. Being an authorized user on another credit card is great, however if that person is not managing the card well it could hurt you as you already may know. Another thing is I don't see why you need to pay a credit attorney or credit resolution place since they can only do the same thing as you which is write a letter to dispute and challenge your items. This is not a guarantee that they will come off and you are still paying them for something you could easily do. Before I thought to go that route but once I pulled my credit reports I started disputing almost everything and was very successful. All you need is your credit report file, the name of the account, the amount, and the account number (all of these things are listed in the credit reports). I myself have gotten rid of six items by simple dispute (some not mine, some mine). I only have four items to take care of and I am disputing those and currently awaiting the results.  I don't want to see you waste money so I encourage you to dispute your baddies by calling the credit bureaus and I can list the numbers for you. 

Transunion disputes: 1-800-916-8800

Equifax disputes: 1-800-685-1111

Experian disputes: 1-800-493-1058

Most Helpful Response

Ok here is my take on it

1. Get a secured credit card which reports to all three credit bureaus and is easy to get approved for (Capital One secured card).

2. You can be an authorized user on an account but make sure they pay on it or this could be bad for you.

3. I never saw the reason to use a credit lawyer or credit repair firm since they can only do what you can do for free (write dispute letters). There is no guarantee they can get anything off your report but they will take your money guaranteed so avoid them like the plague. 

4. Dispute the items with each credit bureau with your reports since all you need is the account number, credit report file number, item account name (all on your credit reports). So I will list the dispute numbers to help you out since they helped me. I had 10 open collections on my account and got rid of six by way of disputing ( some mine and some not mine all came off). Still have the last four in dispute and will know something by February and I will be collection free hopefully. Hope this helps and good luck to you...

Transunion disputes: 1-800-916-8800

Experian disputes: 1-800-493-1058

Equifax disputes: 1-800-685-1111