Can I qualify for a home mortgage with an older (3 years) unpaid charge off of $9k? CK score is 607
I have a CK score of 607 and one open account in good standing.

Have a charge-off from 2009 (last activity 2010) of over $9,000.00 but have been advised not to pay it as it won't improve my credit.

Is there anyway I could qualify for a home loan in this situation? My family is growing and I would like to be able to purchse something that we could own. Looking for 75-100k, have about 8k saved for a down payment.

THanks for your help.